The Universal Square is a wall partitioning layout tool. It is a carpenter tool that saves 70% of layout time. It's a pro's tool that can help you get professional results in less time with fewer mistakes. The Universal Square is designed to aid in laying out wall studs (both middle partition and corners), squaring windows and doors, and scribing angles, rafters and seat notches.
It is made of aluminum alloy and weighs only 12 ounces. It has a blade that is 7 1/2 inches long and 3 1/2 inches wide, and two pivot points showing rafters and angles. It is also designed to layout 2x4, 2x6, 2x8, 3x4 and 4x4 walls. There are cutouts for measuring 1/2, 3/4, 1 1/2, 1 3/4, 2, 2 1/4, and 3 inch increments on one side of the main blade and at 1 1/2, 3 3/4, 5 1/2, and 6 1/4 inches on the reverse side.
Tools - Universal Square
Universal Square has no
* Transfers anchor bolt locations to a still plate without using a tape measure.
* Will hold chalkline and tape measure to aid in laying out.
* Simplifies the seat cut.
* Has two pivot points for rafters and angles.
* Exact width of a 2x4.
* Squares windows and doors.
* Scribes half of a 2x4.
* Saw guide for circular saw.
* Designed for all conventional lumber.